(Not in order of importance.)
1. Make chit-chat about events in the news related to sports, celebrities or other obscure pop-culture subjects before the first cup of tea or coffee.
2. Insist on eating out at Chuck-E-Cheese or a similar place full of flashing lights, competing noises, and crowds of loud, shrieking children running around.
3. Serve them a meal composed entirely of new, unfamiliar dishes.
4. “Hey– hey– space cadet — snap out of it!”
5. Schedule a trip with social events all day and evening long.
6. Announce that anyone who can’t tolerate certain kinds of fabric or clothing styles is just being picky
9. Install a major software update (or change other settings on their computer software) because you think it will “make their life easier”.
10. Give them a surprise birthday party after a long day at work (school).
7. Put things out of order.
11. Dismiss their special interest as being stupid.
12. Deprive them of internet access.