I’ve been busy running bunches of errands and painting walls prior to going on holiday. So here’s some randomness from my mental OMFG drawer:
- The Really Stupid Things people say. Such as, “Gee, why is it always in the last place you look?” Er … because once you find it, you quit looking.
- Seeing ” 1 comments ” at the end of a post. Not the fact that someone has commented — that part thrills me — but the plural “comments” after the number one. (Once a proofreader, always a pain in the tuchis.)
- When my mom used to say, “You know Andrea, all children rebel, but you’re rebelling the wrong way.” Because you know, there’s a right way to rebel.
- More Really Stupid Things people say. Such as, “Why is the soap dispenser always so dirty? It’s soap.” Er … because people use it when their hands are dirty.
- The Xtreme Packaging on my migraine medication, as described here. Because when I’m falling faster than 9.8 m/s^2 into a migraine, I really want to chip through TWO layers of cardboard and heavy-duty foil to extricate a pill.
- Being asked if I want to do This or That, and answering I want to do This. Then a little while later being asked again if I want to do This or That. I reply again I want to do This. Then a little while later being asked AGAIN if I want to — for crying out loud, why keep asking? Do you think that asking me repeatedly is going to change my mind? Why would I want to do That and then say I want to do This? If you heard the first time, why keep asking?
- The super-bureaucratic allergen warning on a bag of roasted peanuts. Ingredients: peanuts, peanut oil, salt. Warning: contains peanuts. No shit!
- More Really Stupid Things people say. When I worked in a Customer Service department, one of my co-workers complained, “I could get my work done if it wasn’t for all these customers!”
Feel free to add some of your own in the Comments section.