Okay, having created a mutant meme … I finally think of 8 things for the original one. And so it goes. See previous post for meme rules. I’m not going to do any extra tagging, tho’.
Odd things I like:
1. Spiders; I have a pet tarantula. Watch this space for Garden Buzzing about spiders (I’ll put a link here for the pictures that will be on another page, so arachnophobes won’t have to see them.)
2. Bees. (duh) Bees are fabulous, little golden-fuzzy honey machines, or metallic green wonders, or fat teddybear-ish bumbles, and essential to our food web.
3. Snakes. Alas, the cute one I was ogling at the pet shop got sold.
4. Heights. My son and I stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon and said, “Way cool!” Ditto the top of St Paul’s cathedral in London. I was really bummed the London Eye was closed the afternoon I went for a ride.
5. Public speaking. Surprisingly so, given that making eye contact with audience members is challenging, ditto restraining stutters and watching my articulation. But as you might expect from such a loquacious blogger, I like sharing my thoughts.
6. Brussels sprouts. Why does everyone malign the cute little mini-cabbages? They’re really quite nice when not boiled to death, but just steamed with a little butter and caraway seeds.
7. Liquorice, especially allsorts. Usually I stick with the liquorice Altoids because eating much liquorice gives me a tummy-ache (it’s prolly the wheat flour).
8. Coconut. As a public service, I remove the coconut pieces from boxes of mixed chocolates. Unless, of course, my son has snagged them first.
Well, I think that list probably puts me at 1.2% of the population … oh, well. It’s a tough job being a statistical outlier, but someone’s gotta help the majority know they’re “average”.